Cloverlea School Zone
Cloverlea School (2350) Enrolment Scheme Effective 14 October 2019
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the purpose of the Education Act 1989 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
All students who within the home zone described below and / or shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at Cloverlea School. The zone moves in a clockwise direction. Addresses on both sides of the road are included, unless otherwise stated.
● The zone begins at the intersection of Flygers Line and Rangitikei Line (SH3)
● The zone travels southeast on Rangitikei Line (SH3) to the intersection of Rangitikei Street (SH3) and Tremaine Avenue.
● The zone travels southwest on Tremaine Avenue, then Number 1 Line to the junction with Cloverlea Road. All Tremaine Avenue addresses between Rangitikei Street (SH3) and Number 1 Line junction with Cloverlea Road are included in the zone.
● The zone travels northwest on Cloverlea Road to the end.
● Continue north east in a straight line to the junction with Gillespies line.
● The zone continues south east on Gillespies line to the junction with Flygers Line.
● The zone travels northeast on Flygers Line to the junction with Rangitikei Line (SH3), the starting point Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Each year, applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a date which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a Special Programme approved by the secretary.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year, the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications are received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
First Priority This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary
Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
Third Priority will be given to any applicant who are siblings of former students
Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G (1) of the Education Act 1989.
Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.